Peter Harris is our Head of Sales who has been with us for almost seven years, starting as Business Development Manager. Peter supports the business development team and has been an integral part of our flourishing St. Helens site. Here he tells us what life is like in and out of Widd Signs for him, including his love of Liverpool FC!
- Your name: Peter Harris
- Your current role: Head of Sales
- How long have you worked in this role at Widd? Just over 18 months
- Did you start in another role at Widd? If so, please specify: Business Development Manager
- In a sentence or two, what does your role involve/what are your main responsibilities?
Assisting in the development of the new factory in St. Helens and managing and supporting a team of 3 BDM’s and a sales support assistant.
- What do you enjoy most about your role?
Every day is different, and every project brings its own challenges. I love seeing someone’s signage ideas on paper turn into reality. I’m never bored, the days go so quickly.
- What’s your proudest achievement to date?
Finding the St. Helens factory and being part of the team that brought Widd Signs to the North West and then building a fantastic team.
- What do you enjoy most about working for Widd Signs?
The team ethic and family atmosphere is second to none. Watching Widd become a massive player in the sign industry over the last 5 years has been a real highlight for me.
- What do you enjoy most about living and working across St. Helens and Yorkshire?
I live on the Wirral which is known as the leisure peninsular and is about 50 minutes drive from the factory. There is lots to do on the Wirral, plenty of nice walks, drives, restaurants and bars to visit!
- What do you like to do away from work?
I have recently bought an old property which needs much renovation and has a big garden that needs a lot of attention. I’m not sure why I bought it as I hate DIY and gardening, but I love the potential it offers. I’m a dedicated Liverpool FC supporter and also have a modern classic car which is my pride and joy, apart from my wife and kids of course!
- If you weren’t working in this industry, what career/profession would you have liked to have gone into?
From an early age, I always wanted to be a dentist.
- Anything else you’d like to add about working for Widd?
Widd is the best company I have worked for in 30 years+ of working in the industry and has a fantastic “can do” attitude.